Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Paper Quilling I am falling in Love with...

I’ve always loved all things paper; packaging, cards, boxes, origami, business cards even envelopes! But I’ve never been fond of paper crafts such as papermarché, collage or paper quilling. Perhaps it’s the bad childhood memories of creating awful awful pieces of ‘art’ or the unsophisticated image I associate with these types of craft?

However, after seeing some amazing paper quilled work, I’ve made my peace with the craft and decided to try and see if I can create some sort of masterpiece using these techniques.
My inspirations:

Yulia Brodskaya : www.artyulia.com
I’m loving her style and the amount of detail in her work. Must take hours.







Lisa Nilsson : www.lisanilssonart.com
A very interesting use of paper to create anatomical cross-sections. Love the patterns created by the colours and paper.





Sabeena Karnik :
Typography with paper quilling!




They all use the same paper quilling technique but in totally different styles resulting in totally different outcomes, wonder what I will come up with…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...